We’ve been busy working behind the scenes and are excited to announce some big updates coming to Wylio.
The biggest functional change is that you'll need to have Google's Picasa Web Albums active for your Google account in order to use Wylio. This is because we're shifting the control of the image storage from our service, to storage providers you control. This decision was made after considering user feedback we've received since we launched. Thanks to everyone who's been giving helpful suggestions! (Don't worry, images used before the updates next week will still work as expected after the updates.)
We also plan to add Dropbox as a storage option in the near future. If you have other online storage providers that you think would be a good fit, feel free to suggest them!
Here’s what you should expect to see starting the evening of July 18th:
- User controlled image storage (Using Picasa Web Albums at first, more choices planned)
- Streamlined embed code
- More concise credits
- Dedicated credits page for each image that includes information about the owner, license, image title, source
- More meta information about the License and image included in the title and alt attributes for the HTML tags
- The addition of a Pro account option
- Free, Premium, and Pro accounts will now have the same functionality, but have different limitations regarding images per month that you can credit/re-size/use (and Free accounts will still have ads)
- Free accounts - up to 5 pictures /month
- $2.99 Premium accounts - up to 125 pictures /month
- $9.99 Pro accounts - up to 1,250 pictures /month
As a big “Thank You” to all you early adopters, supporters, and everyone who is currently a Premium user, we’re automatically upgrading you to the Pro account at no extra charge for as long as you keep your paid subscription active. This free upgrade will apply to all Premium accounts created on or before July 31st, 2011.
Thanks for all your support!